I'm fortunate to be able to work often with the amazing folks at the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC). As they're expanding their important work, they've just announced an opening in their Vermont headquarters. The Director of Business Development leads new opportunity development, with an emphasis on government resources, and ensures that revenue goals are met across ISC programs.
The position is responsible for intelligence-gathering, opportunity analysis, and proposal development of the highest quality. In coordination with ISC’s program team, the position supports the successful development of innovative and high-impact programs consistent with ISC’s strategic direction.
- Preparing an annual business development plan that meets revenue and performance targets, and supports the realization of program strategies.
- Directing and coordinating donor intelligence-gathering, opportunity analysis, and pre-proposal preparation to position ISC for winning proposals.
- Leading the proposal development process from USG and other government donors; managing cross-institutional teams to support project design and ensuring highest quality proposal submissions.
- Networking with key stakeholders (donor, partner organizations, etc.) to leverage funding opportunities consistent with program goals.
- Cultivating and recruiting a global network of external experts and potential staff to support assessment, design, proposal writing, and project leadership.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of business development activities: overseeing budget, systems, training, and staff needed to achieve business development strategy.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary history with last name, first initial, and position title in the subject line to: email@example.com. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.