The Sustainable Transport Award is given to a city or major jurisdiction that has had a profound, mitigating impact on climate change by enhancing the sustainability and livability of its community using innovative transportation strategies. These strategies should increase mobility for all residents, reduce transportation greenhouse and air pollution emissions, and improve safety and access for bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP)
- EMBARQ, The World Resources Institute Center for Sustainable Transport
- GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit)
- Clean Air Initiative for Asian Cities Center (CAI-Asia)
- Transportation Research Board Committee on Transportation in Developing
- Clean Air Institute for Latin America
- United Nations Centre for Regional Development (UNCRD)
- Transport Research Laboratory
For more details on the Sustainable Transport Awards, and to nominate your city or any city, visit staward.org.